Re: next steps

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I could not find the Async library. I downloaded all the .tar.gz I
>> could find on JS' website. If anyone can get their hands on an async
>> releaseâ
>
> It must have been in one of the packages listed on the CUFP tutorial page:
> (see "Alternate preparation")
>
> http://cufp.org/conference/sessions/2011/t2-janestreets-ocaml-core-library
>
> -- perhaps it was in "core-extended"?

Packages listed in the cufp website are the same as those in js'
website (the links in CUFP page actually points to archives at
http://www.janestreet.com/ocaml/ ). I have unpacked everything and try
the following:
$ find . -iname "*async*"
$ find . -iname "*Async*"
$ grep -i async **/*
<stuff about fdatasync and comments in a c file>
patdiff-107.01/ansi_terminal/ANSITerminal.ml:   (e.g. Async.Std.Print) *)

And so it appears that, the only reference I could find to Async is in
a commentâ

Did the tutorial actually made use of Async? Or was it only
demonstrated by Yaron on his own machine?

--
_______
Raphael