Re: sockets exn- one day i'll learn to put things down

On Sat, Nov 05, 2011 at 08:46:38AM +0000, Richard Mortier wrote:

> On 5 Nov 2011, at 00:04, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
> > The try/catch would need to go locally here; can you try
> >
> > let close t =
> >  R.close t.fd;
> >  (try Lwt.wakeup t.abort_u () with _ -> ());
> >  return ()
> >
> > This should make multiple close() calls safe.
>
> done- pull req sent, both for this fix and modifications to enable
> turning on/off lwt-debug.

Thanks, merged! Very handy to have this...

> seems to fix the crashes i've been observing, which is nice :)  though
> i'm still a little disconcerted as to what was actually causing it- the
> debug output i had in place suggested it wasn't getting called twice due
> to the exn handler.  (but that might be my debug output coming out in an
> unexpected order.)

Its somewhat complicated by libev; at some point, I'm going to take a look
at removing libev and (maybe) integrating the system that node.js uses
(libuv).  For now though, it works well enough to not make it worth the
trouble.  I've updated the live website and it seems to have to stopped
crashing too!

Anil