Re: Trying to build on FreeBSD

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 01:25:29PM -0500, lists+mirage@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all, this project looks very exciting. I was trying to build it for
> FreeBSD, and can only get so far. Maybe someone more familiar with with
> this project and with OCamlbuild can make some suggestions?
>
> Here are the changes I've made to the git repo, in an attempt to get
> things working on FreeBSD:

Hey Jim,

You're almost there (and I'm impressed you waded this far through the
rather complex ocamlbuild plugin).

Since we don't have a configure script yet, there is a rule in
lib/myocamlbuild.ml ("cc: _linux.c -> _os.c platform file") that symlinks
in the right tuntap bindings for the UNIX backend. This is in
lib/os/runtime_unix/tap_stubs_{macosx,linux}.c

If you put in an equivalent for tap_stubs_freebsd.c, you should be all
set. It's probably pretty similar to the MacOS X one, except for the
header files.

Let me know how you get on and I'll be happy to merge it. We're currently
hacking away at benchmarking and eliminating leaks on the low-level code,
so there'll be a few improvements merged for the OpenFlow stack soon
(courtesy of Haris and Balraj).

cheers
Anil