Re: Trying to build on FreeBSD

Hi Anil, thanks for the quick reply. I had to do what you suggested to
create a lib/os/runtime_unix/ev_freebsd.c file, as well. I just copied
the Mac file for that; I'm not sure whether FreeBSD should choose SELECT
or EPOLL. But at least I got everything to build. I'll attach my patches
from git HEAD to this email; I'm not sure though if this list will
accept attachments.

I may be including unnecessary headers in the tap_stubs_freebsd.c file,
but as I said, at least this builds.

I had to change the shebang lines for the bash scripts, because on BSD
systems bash is underneath /usr/local. I changed them to `/usr/bin/env
bash ...`
instead. That _should_ work, however for reasons I don't understand then
`gmake install` fails. I had to change the shebang line on ./assemble.sh
to /usr/local/bin/bash.

I haven't yet been able to run a test though. This page
<http://www.openmirage.org/wiki/hello-world> says to do this:

$ cd mirage.git/tests/basic/sleep
$ mir-unix-direct sleep.bin
$ ./_build/sleep.bin

But that seems obsolete... the sleep files are now underneath
regress/basic, not tests/basic. And I don't have any mir-unix-direct on
my system, either in the source directory or in the install folder.
Should I use `mir-build`, which is installed in the install folder? When
I do so, I see some processing go on, but then I fail with this error:

.../mirage/git.build/regress/basic $ mir-build sleep.bin
Finished, 1 target (0 cached) in 00:00:00.
Solver failed:
  Ocamlbuild knows of no rules that apply to a target named sleep.bin.
  This can happen if you ask Ocamlbuild to build a target with the wrong
  extension (e.g. .opt instead of .native) or if the source files live
  in directories that have not been specified as include directories.
Backtrace:
  - Failed to build the target sleep.bin
      - Building sleep.bin
Compilation unsuccessful after building 0 targets (0 cached) in
00:00:00.

--
Jim Pryor
jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx