Re: mirage xen pcap example

On Thursday, September 20, 2012, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
On 20 Sep 2012, at 17:45, David Scott <scott.dj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yup, it dumps to a raw block device. The 'make run' in the mirage-www
> branch will create a temporary file by dd'ing 128M of zeroes. If you
> tell tcpdump to read that then it will work, although it will get a
> bit confused by all the zeroes at the end. It works well enough to
> diagnose problems anyway!

Speaking of mir-run... it has disappeared in the disaggregated Mirage.
Should I reimport it into mirage-platform?  The problem of running bare
kernels still exists, of course...

There used to be an XCP-compliant one, and we need some way to wrap the
EC2 scripts more automatically.  What was that alternative to this
that you mentioned to me in OUD?  Something to do with Openstack (!)

Yeah I was thinking that we could use "puppet" or "chef" -- tools designed for quickly deploying services (www server, load balancer, db servers) on clouds like EC2. This might make the whole process a bit smoother.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave Scott