Re: dns/crypto-keys/opam

Blocked at the moment on the illegal instruction exception I told you about... :) proposals and marking done now though (bar one late submission) so should get to it monday.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 16 Jul 2012, at 08:56, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2012, at 16:42, Haris Rotsos wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 01:59:38PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>>> This one's mainly for Mort and Haris.  I'm working my way through all the libraries required to compile Signposts, and put stable versions up on OPAM.
>>>
>>> I've taken all the forks of ocaml-dns and merged them (with the latest version using cstruct) into http://github.com/mirage/ocaml-dns.   Mort, there seem to be a lot of commented out conversion functions in the interfaces (packet.mli).  Are these temporary or do you plan on putting them back at some point?

I've done some more hacking on the DNS library and released 0.5.0.  Main improvements are in the DNS resolver code.

I resurrected some 2005 code that Dave wrote for DNS resolution, so the Lwt Dns_resolver module can now parse resolv.conf files, or just take a static server to point at.  The interface makes fancy use of first-class modules; I couldn't resist :-)
https://github.com/avsm/ocaml-dns/blob/master/lwt/dns_resolver.ml
https://github.com/avsm/ocaml-dns/blob/master/lwt/dns_resolver.mli

Also, I put in an 'mldig' command which apes 'dig' in terms of output format. It's complete enough to do most lookups, but still needs some more work to get the more obscure bits of dig working.

Note that you need latest cstruct-0.5.1 here, as I added string_to_enum and enum_to_string to make it easier to do command line parsing of all the various cenums used in the library.

So Mort, how goes cstruct vs bitstring benchmarking? :-)

-a