Re: Mirage Installation

On 1 Nov 2012, at 12:42, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 30 Oct 2012, at 23:15, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
>> However, there's a small quirk to be aware of.  The opam package manager
>> remotes pointing to git:// urls might not be refreshed unless you do:
>>
>> $ opam pin mirage-platform git://github.com/mirage/mirage-platform
>> $ opam update
>> $ opam upgrade
>
> ok, i'll bite- why? :)

Thomas added 'pin' after the git:// URL feature, so it may be a bug/unexpected
interaction/feature.  Unsure which, and he's having a well-deserved sailing
vacation right now, so will have to wait for him to come back in a few days to
know the truth!

For our purposes right now, just call 'opam pin' to ensure that repositories
are refreshed. I'll update the instructions accordingly...