HTTP client q

To the HTTP heads out there, is it ok for a single HTTP request (no pipelining)
to always include "Connection: close" in the headers?

In Cohttp, we currently don't do this, and it appears that every single client
has to include the header, or risk the other side not closing the connection
cleanly.

I'm modifying Cohttp to always send the Connection header when a single
get/put/post/head request is issued, but *not* when the more advanced pipeline
API calls are used.  Does this sound sane?