Re: synching with minios

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:37:30AM +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> The OCaml runtime doesn't require floating point, but recall that we don't
> control what libraries that are linked in to the final kernel binary.

Perhaps my recollections are wrong, but the runtime uses floating-pointing
numbers
even to operate the garbage collector (see my fix you have even referenced on
one
of the OCaml mailing lists), not speaking of measuring the time as real value,
i.e.
by aid of floating-point numbers.  Because of that my backend actually breaks
the
interface of others.

This is one of the main reasons why I could not get the mirage-www page
building,
because I was trying to stick to the FPU-less mirage-platform version of mine,
while reworking all the dependent packages, e.g. mirage-net, cohttp, etc. to
adapt to this change -- but I stuck somewhere in the forest of tricky type
errors
and lack of spare time :-)