Re: opam-repo-dev now less useful

Hi,

In a related area, something that I have in mind is to have a special "dev"
version for each package, so that people can still 'opam pin mirage dev' if
they want (instead of having to remember the git repository address). So, in
the setting, the idea would be:
* let opam-repo-dev as is, but change the versions to "dev" and/or add "dev:
true" in the OPAM files
* make dev version always lesser than normal versions, so that the solver will
not pick them in normal usage
* use 'opam pin <pkg> dev' if one wants to pin a package to its dev version
* add an umbrella dev package, with hard-constraints on all the dev versions,
so that 'opam install mirage-dev' will force install all the dev packages if
one wants to have all the dev packages.

This will not necessary help to have more stable packages, but if you think
it's worth doing this this can be done without too much trouble I think.

Thomas