Re: Trouble installing mirage from OPAM

On 11 Feb 2013, at 08:58, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas.gazagnaire@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
>>  ./configure --prefix /Users/stevej/.opam/3.12.1+mirage-unix-direct
>
> The new "official" mirage compiler is now 4.01.0dev+mirage-unix, so you
> should run 'opam switch 4.01.0dev+mirage-unix'  before installing mirage.
> Regarding your error, native dynlink was broken with OCaml 3.12.1 on OSX.

Hey Steve! Thanks for the reminder...I've yank the 3.12.1 compilers from the
OPAM repository, as they're now well deprecated.  The switch to 4.x was quite
easy, and there are many, many performance and stability improvements in the
new tree.

I'd recommend 4.01.0dev+mirage-xen to play with.  It gives you the trunk
version with new compiler intrinsics that Pierre put in to optimise handling of
low-level int16/32/64s.  It'll be what the first alpha release uses.

(documentation update on the website coming as soon as mirari has first
release, real soon now!)