Re: opam-repo-dev now less useful

On 11 Feb 2013, at 10:27, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> that's probably handy. also useful to be able to easily pull source for
> some/all the dependencies of a package when setting up to try and do some
> development. maybe just an easy way to output all the deps and their source
> urls?  (just in case, e.g., it turns out i already have those trees -- seems
> that letting opam start to magically manage my dev environment might be a
> step too far... :)

That's too magic for now.  Once a feature goes into OPAM, it can't ever leave
easily, so minimal steps!

But some variation of `opam info lwt -f available-versions` is probably what
you want.  We could expose the dependencies via that and make it suitable for
scripting.

There's a git-like extension mechanism built into OPAM, which is that 'opam
foo' will execute 'opam-foo' if the sub-command isn't known.  Much of the
workflow stuff can/should be shell scripts  that just call OPAM commands and
glue them together.

-a