Re: xenopsd success for booting mirage kernels

Hi,

Glad you managed to get it to work!

On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:03 PM, "Anil Madhavapeddy" <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I followed Dave's instructions at:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Building_Xenopsd
>
> ...and got xenopsd running on my Ubuntu/raring laptop and booting a Mirage
> kernel very nicely.  A few minor things cropped up:
>
> - there's no mem-set command, so I had to restart xend to balloon my dom0
> down.

Yeah, I've been using "xl". However I just packaged squeezed, the memory
ballooning daemon... If this is working properly then it'll balloon dom0 down--
I'll test this in a while.

> - the VM UUIDs are hidden, but the cmdline only takes the VM name.  This
> means I can add multiple VMs with the same text name, but only address the
> last one.

Oops, probably should accept both names and uuids. To clean up you can delete
the json files from /var/run/nonpersistent/xenops if you need to.

> - a few of the packages in xen-org/opam-repo-dev are upstream, so I sent a
> pull req to remove the development ones from there.

Great

> It's a bit of a pain having to sudo to run the xenops-cli in development
> mode, since I then have to hardcode the OPAM path.  It would be convenient if
> xenopsd listened on localhost HTTP with auth instead, so that other tools
> (such as the Mirage mirari execution frontend) could work more easily.
> Thoughts on that?

Will mirari talk the xenops API directly? In my dev branch I automatically
chgrp'd the xenops socket to the "xapi" group to give me access without sudo--
would that help?

> Overall, really nice to see xapi being split up so effectively now!

Feel free to bring issues up in the tracker! :-)

Cheers,
Dave