Re: the profiling patch

On 27 Feb 2013, at 09:12, Mark Shinwell <mshinwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27 February 2013 09:09, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thanks, I'm CCing cl-mirage in case anyone else has time to try out Mark's
>> amazing new native code profiling support.  You should be able to:
>>
>> $ opam remote add shinwell git://github.com/mshinwell/opam-repo-dev
>>
>> and find the new compiler switch he describes below.  I'm going to give
>> this a shot over the DNS queryperf benchmarks later.
>
> Let me know if something fails (I haven't tried compiling the compiler
> from the OPAM repo yet, but it should be fine).

There was a minor problem with the OPAM repo: you have to name the compiler
with a '+' signifying the purpose and you had a '-'.  I've committed it
into the main OPAM repo anyway, so you can switch to it via

$ opam switch 4.00.1+alloc-profiling

However, when I run it on a toy program, I get the expect

$ ./a.out
minor,0x404368,303
minor,0x405bd0,5
minor,0x405e48,2
minor,0x4063c0,9
minor,0x40ba48,12
major,0x4151a8,72
$ ./a.out > x

$ ./parse.sh ./a.out x
/tmp/tmp.fJkFjf9obV:1: Error in sourced command file:
No symbol "minor" in current context.
303
72
12
9
5
2

Where does this 'minor' symbol crop up from?