Re: mirage + froc = self-scaling?

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM, Daniel BÃnzli
<daniel.buenzli@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Having read that discussion, I'm interested to know if there's any particular
> reason on why froc was preferred over react as there is already support for
> react in lwt (though how that materializes exactly is unknown to me) and
> react's behaviour with respect to threads is well-documented [1].

I don't know why "froc was preferred over react" (I've only ever used
react myself), but here are some things you might be interested in
knowing:

- there might be a switch to Async or even a parametrization over a
co-op threading monad
- it is not clear yet that we want the two layers (frp and co-op
threading) to mix/interleave

About the second point: to guarantee that the data-plane (IO-plane) is
always fast, we want to keep the configuration-plane out of the way as
much as possible. As we envision using frp for configuration, there
might be benefit from the separation of frp and co-op threading.

AFAIK details about this are still being discussed.

Cheers,

--
Raphael Proust