Re: Cryptokit.Random unsuitable in cooperative multithreaded systems

Le mardi, 23 avril 2013 Ã 15:39, Thomas Gazagnaire a Ãcrit :

> zlib is heavily used in Git, so that could be quite good to have a pure zlib
> implementation as well. I might look into that then ...

I'd be quite interested in this aswell other reasons -- e.g. I would like to
have a hook in Vg to be able to compress the internal streams in PDFs. That
would also make things like a pure PNG codec quite easy to write.

I don't know the kind of interface you have in mind but it would be nice to
make it independent of the asynchronous library used. I have a simple pattern
for that here [1], it's used both by jsonm [2] and vg [3] (and will eventually
be used by xmlm once I get to write version 2).

Best,

Daniel

[1] https://github.com/dbuenzli/nbcodec/blob/master/RATIONALE
[2] https://github.com/dbuenzli/jsonm/blob/master/src/jsonm.mli