Notes on Mirage meeting - 27 Aug

Hi folks these are my brief notes on what we spoke about at today's Mirage
meeting.
Please add in any further details as you remember them.  i.e Dimos, it would be
worth you adding a little more info about your testing.

- Get a release out the door.  Anil pointed people to a GitHub Issue which
check-lists all the things for DP1 and DP2. Mort has added to this with a list
of repos we should review.  Issue is at:
https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/102

- Spent some time looking through the check-list and discussing items.   Lots
has been done and there's quite a bit to do but it's tractable. Anil working on
trove to pull together info/updates from repos.

- Dimos went through the xen-server script and improved it.  Hasn't committed
it yet.  Dimos can lead with lead w XenServer RT

- Dimos also did some network tests - developed something in TCP.  Not
committed anywhere yet? (dimos is fairly new to github)

- Might be worth us having one machine to mess with. Use it to automate
mirage-www. Need a spare test machine to install XenServer on.  Might use
Bytemark machines for those?

- Mirage 1.0 release date.  Amir spoke to Lars and proposed a date of 22nd
October. Picking a firm date far enough in advance allows Xen Project to get
press resources and trigger the whole announcement machine. However, once date
is picked it cannot be changed (think 'juggernaut').  XenSummit is on 24th Oct
so 22nd would work well.  Means getting DP1 out soon and DP2 out about a month
later.

Best wishes,
Amir