Re: [MirageOS-devel] opam repository problems

On 8 Dec 2013, at 14:07, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2013, at 14:02, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
>> On 8 Dec 2013, at 13:31, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> is anyone else noticing anything?  from what i can currently observe,
>>>
>>> + opam.ocamlpro.org is quite out of date (seems to still give me omd.0.6.0
>>> rather than omd.0.8.2 for example)
>>>
>>> + opam.ocaml.org is fine for opam.1.1.0 but has a broken repository for
>>> opam.1.0.0

>> So the summary of all this is that you should be using OPAM 1.1, and only
>> with opam.ocaml.org.  OPAM 1.0 is now deprecated.  I don't think we've done
>> a particularly good job of communicating this on the OPAM website though, so
>> I'd quite like to clarify that.  In particular, if someone was using
>> opam.ocamlpro.com via a non-HTTP remote (e.g. git), then the repo redirect
>> will not kick in.
>
> don't think it's anything to do with non-http remotes. ok-- just to be clear
> then:
>
> + we're only interested in opam.1.1.0 *not* in opam.1.0.0
>
> + the correct default opam repo to use is http://opam.ocaml.org

That's correct (to clarify, https://opam.ocaml.org works too, not just the
http:// URL).

OPAM 1.1 is in both Debian unstable and Homebrew now, so there's no point
supporting the older version.

> in which case i'm fine, things build under those conditions. but i'll strip
> out the needless tests from the .travis.yml in at least a few repos; and
> could you update your ppa sometime so that the default opam remote is
> opam.ocaml.org rather than opam.ocamlpro.org please?

I'm confused -- which PPA has opam.ocamlpro.com hardcoded in?  They should all
be on OPAM 1.1 now.