Re: [MirageOS-devel] openmirage.org issue tracker?

On 10 Dec 2013, at 09:39, Richard Mortier <Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2013, at 00:46, Jeremy Yallop wrote:
>
>> Where's the best place to report issues with the openmirage site?
>
> for specific website content related bugs like this, probably filing an issue
> against github.com/mirage/mirage-www is the best thing to do; more generally
> i think we're intending that issues are best filed against
> github.com/mirage/mirage so they can be triaged to the correct repository/ies.
>
> but that was only the latest discussion on the matter that i remember --
> anil, any further thoughts on that? :)

Good timing for this question -- I've been looking at how other projects do
this, and there's a real mix of approaches.  My inclination is to focus all the
issues in mirage/mirage, and use the label/milestone system to prioritise
issues.

This works well for libraries that are clearly 'mirage', but less so for ones
like cohttp that are used in a number of different contexts.

A simple rule might be to activate issues for those more general libraries, and
point people in the README for dependent libraries to mirage/mirage.

For mirage/mirage-www, you'll need to delete your fork Mort, since the
mirage/mirage-www repo is pointing in the wrong direction.

>> The atom feed isn't quite working for me: the title URLs become broken
>> links in my aggregator, perhaps because they're relative rather than
>> absolute.
>
> yup, that's certainly a brokenness. hopefully reasonably soon the website is
> going to get a thorough overhaul to use cowabloga, zurb foundation, etc.

And to the actual issue, this is indeed a bug but easy to fix.  I can fix the
immediate problem today in my next run through it just as soon as I refresh the
production toolchain to 1.0.