[MirageOS-devel] PVH port of Mini-OS

Hi all,

I recently started to try to enable mini-os to run with PVH mode, which Xen 4.4 supports. This attempt is for Mirage and other mini-os-based appliances to take advantage of hardware features notably related to hardware-assisted memory virtualization (sharing, tagged tlb, etc), while retaining PV drivers as is. This is at a very early stage in progress and has not been heavily tested. But, I think it would be better to share the tree in the meantime.

To summarize, it contains some features for PVH in ELF and conditional operations between PV and PVH for some low-level operations mostly for CPU and memory; the decent pvops's runtime code patch is not used for now. Since PVH has auto-translated P2M, relevant translation parts and grant table setup for that mode are patched. Finally, timer interface is also changed when PVH is enabled. To test it, you can simply add "pvh=1" in the Xen config file.Â

I hope to hear about any comments, bug reports, or suggestions of testing it. Since it's been a little time since I had looked at mini-os and PVH, any fundamental suggestion would be helpful.

Cheers,
Hwanju