[MirageOS-devel] Mini-OS on ARM status

Hi guys,

A quick status update on this work:

- Output to the regular console now works (before, it could only
output to the emergency console, which requires Xen to be compiled in
debug mode).

- I added a simple fault handler that dumps all registers if it gets
an error (data abort, prefetch abort, undefined instruction, etc).
That makes debugging easier.

- It now gets the RAM start and size from the FDT passed in by the
hypervisor (before, it hard-coded the values). This means that the
full amount of memory assigned to the guest is available to malloc. I
also fixed a bug in malloc that was corrupting memory (it was
calculating offsets into its free map incorrectly). It now mallocs as
many blocks as possible on start-up, fills them with known values and
then tests them all (this is how I found the bug).

- The GIC (interrupt controller) addresses are now read from the FDT
instead of being hard-coded, and interrupts now work. Before, it would
hang as soon as interrupts were enabled.

There's currently no virtual memory support (if the memory gets
fragmented, malloc may fail, even if there are enough pages available
in total).

My next steps are to check that the rest of it is working and then try
enabling libc. It might also be interesting to look at debugger
support (e.g. getting gdbsx working), though I have no idea how hard
that would be.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA