Re: [MirageOS-devel] Fwd: Mirage ARM port

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM, PALI Gabor Janos <pgj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 08:39:29AM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>> On 20 Apr 2014, at 00:52, Andy Ray <andy.ray@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > So I guess there are pros and cons with each approach.  Another one
>> > which I am quite seriously considering is updating the ocaml port in
>> > freebsd to 4.01.0 and including the patch for ARM support which could
>> > then be binary packaged for pkgng.  It would be cleanest long term
>> > solution I think.
>>
>> Yeah, CCing Gabor Pali and Vsevolod Stakhov (both FreeBSD ports
>> committers) who might be able to help with the update process here.
>
> As far as I know, pkg.freebsd.org does not yet serve binary packages for
> architectures other than i386 and amd64, however there are plans for armv6
> and mips.
>
>> > Is there somewhere central I could put pkgng binaries and board images
>> > for sharing?
>>
>> Good question.  I suspect a Github 'releases' tab is probably easiest.
>> I can set up a binary Git repository on *.ocaml.org when I"m back
>> (or self-host it using Irminsule, if Thomas is feeling confident).
>
> Thanks to the multi-repository support of pkg(8), anybody can build (via
> poudriere [1]) and host pkg(8) repositories [2].  Packages for armv6 may
> be even cross-built [3] on x86 with poudriere.
>
> [1] http://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/poudriere
> [2] https://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgPrimer#Building_custom_repositories
> [3] https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/tktview?name=eb7afa654c

For the timebeing I have put the packages on a github gh-pages website;

http://andrewray.github.io/mirage-fpga/

I can't put the actual rpi image up there as it is too large for
github.  For now if anyone wants it let me know and I'll share it with
dropbox.

Good to know about poudriere - I'll take a look at some point.

I will shortly push the compiler to opam-repository at which point
opam should be good to go.

-Andy