Re: [MirageOS-devel] Fwd: Mirage ARM port

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 08:39:29AM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2014, at 00:52, Andy Ray <andy.ray@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So I guess there are pros and cons with each approach.  Another one
> > which I am quite seriously considering is updating the ocaml port in
> > freebsd to 4.01.0 and including the patch for ARM support which could
> > then be binary packaged for pkgng.  It would be cleanest long term
> > solution I think.
>
> Yeah, CCing Gabor Pali and Vsevolod Stakhov (both FreeBSD ports
> committers) who might be able to help with the update process here.

As far as I know, pkg.freebsd.org does not yet serve binary packages for
architectures other than i386 and amd64, however there are plans for armv6
and mips.

> > Is there somewhere central I could put pkgng binaries and board images
> > for sharing?
>
> Good question.  I suspect a Github 'releases' tab is probably easiest.
> I can set up a binary Git repository on *.ocaml.org when I"m back
> (or self-host it using Irminsule, if Thomas is feeling confident).

Thanks to the multi-repository support of pkg(8), anybody can build (via
poudriere [1]) and host pkg(8) repositories [2].  Packages for armv6 may
be even cross-built [3] on x86 with poudriere.

[1] http://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/poudriere
[2] https://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgPrimer#Building_custom_repositories
[3] https://fossil.etoilebsd.net/poudriere/tktview?name=eb7afa654c