[MirageOS-devel] irmin graphs

Hi all,

I've just added a new option to display pretty graphs of any irmin database.
It's not yet merged, but if some people wants to give a try, it's available
here: https://github.com/mirage/irmin/pull/61 (or on the cleaner-graphs branch
in my repo).

To try it:

mkdir <path>
cd <path>
git init
echo hello > foo && git add foo && git commit -a -m first
irmin init -d -g &

The last command means: starts an irmin daemon reading the current Git store.
The daemon runs by default on localhost:8080 (irmin init --help to change that).

Then you can see graph.dot of you database at that url:
http://localhost:8080/dump/graph.dot

You can also see a lively updated JS interpretation of that file (using
dagre-d3.js) at http://localhost:8080/dump (ie. try to run few git commands and
see how the graph changes).

If any CSS guru are reading this, and what to have a try at improving the
result (which I found already quite nice), feel free to send me patches to
lib/server/static/style.css

Remark: don't try this on a normal Git repo, seems that dagre-d3.js dies when
trying to parse a gigantic .dot file.

Best,
Thomas