Re: [MirageOS-devel] Vagrant Cloud

On 9 June 2014 09:00, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [CCing mirageos-devel]
>
> I've set up blobs.openmirage.org on Rackspace with 20GB of storage, so we can
> use that for big files.
>
> It would be nice to auto-rebuild these Vagrant boxes -- is there a 'make'
> target in that repo I can use to do so?
>
> The other thing I'll look into setting up here is a 0install target as well.
> Thomas(L), do you have any scaffolding for an OPAM 0install?  I can use that
> to make a Mirage 0install publish target.

I'm not sure what you mean here: do you want to publish Mirage or OPAM
binaries through 0install? I've attached templates for both (for
test.roscidus.com - edit as appropriate).

For OPAM, create a .tar.bz2 containing an executable binary called
"opam" (and any license files, etc). Then create the XML with
0template[1]:

$ 0template opam.xml.template version=1.1.1 arch=Linux-x86_64

Test like this:

$ 0launch ./opam-1.1.1.xml
usage: opam [--version]

To publish:

$ 0repo add opam-1.1.1.xml

People can then get opam like this:

$ 0install add opam http://test.roscidus.com/opam.xml
$ opam --version
1.1.1

I didn't list any dependencies, but they can be added if needed.

mir-console.xml.template is for publishing Unix binaries. You need to
create a .tar.bz2 containing the binary (not the symlink!), then do:

$ 0template mir-console.xml.template arch=Linux-x86_64 version=0.1
$ 0repo add mir-console-0.1.xml

Then someone can run it with:

$ 0launch http://test.roscidus.com/mir-console.xml
hello

For the Xen image, use "arch=Xen-x86_64" and modify the path to
mir-console.xen or mir-console.xl.

It's not completely clear what to do about the xl file. In the demo I
gave, the xl file was in the archive and I passed it directly to "xl
create". But that means trusting the package's configuration in your
dom0, which isn't very sensible.

We should probably write some kind of launcher so you can do something like

  $ 0xl add hello http://test.roscidus.com/mir-console.xml
  $ 0xl run hello

Maybe it could prompt about disk and network requirements or take them
as arguments.

[1] http://0install.net/0template.html
[2] http://0install.net/0repo.html

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA