Re: [MirageOS-devel] Monitoring MirageOS guests on CubieBoard2

On 13 Jun 2014, at 10:36, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13 Jun 2014, at 08:33, buzz heavyyear <buzzheavyyear@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Just a quick question to find out if RRD will make it into MirageOS 2.0,
>> especially for the ARM Cubieboard platform?
>
> Let’s add “statistics reporting” to our to-do list — we’ve got various
> counters all over the place and John Else (cc:d) has a draft of a
> shared-memory protocol for sharing them.

This would be *extremely* useful to have!

For the Mirage 2.0 release, I expect that ensuring that we have the right
primitives in place (xenstore+vchan) for an RRD library to plug into would be
safest.  The rest can follow as a normal library update.

Nick: do you have any particular use-cases in mind on ARM that might guide this
integration?  I'm primarily interested in RRD as a scoreboard for tracking
stats like network stack connections and load counters.  As we disaggregate
more of dom0 into unikernels, having these trace points becomes increasingly
important.

cheers,
Anil