Re: [MirageOS-devel] libminios and stub_hypervisor_suspend

On 25 Jun 2014, at 17:55, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've started tidying up my arm-preview branch of mirage-platform. The
> only obvious thing missing in the new version is
> stub_hypervisor_suspend, which tries to call the missing
> arch_rebuild_p2m. Is this a Mirage-only thing?

CCing Jon Ludlam and Dave Scott; they added this particular code into
our fork.

commit b8aff537f66dcb04e958d889eba529f16ec536bf
Author: David Scott <dave.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Fri Oct 4 15:31:09 2013 +0100

    xen: re-enable event delivery on resume

    The resume codepath is quite similar to the start codepath.

commit f8d2bf8fa02cf8aaaddbc0b109125a25bac3178b
Author: Jon Ludlam <jonathan.ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Sep 27 16:17:47 2012 +0100

    Fix suspend/resume such that it doesn't spin after resuming.
    Turns out the event channels were masked.

commit 55d7f0acaa92ffb8a36b9528db4df63ed8dd87c3
Author: Jon Ludlam <jonathan.ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Wed Sep 12 14:50:55 2012 +0100

    Add the C level pieces needed for suspend/resume

It's best to retire this from the Mirage-specific fork and move
to a more canonical MiniOS solution, unless there are objections
from Dave or Jon.

> Apart from that, stub_gnttab_init and stub_gnttab_fini both now do
> nothing, as Mini-OS deals with mapping the grant tables. I've left
> them in for now - hopefully they're not needed at other times.
>
> The new-minios branch has the changes so far to upgrade to using the
> new libminios (without ARM support):
>
>  https://github.com/talex5/mirage-platform/commits/new-minios
>
> Github won't display the diff because it's too big:

> However, if you ignore deletions and renaming there aren't many changes.
>
> The ARM changes build on this in the arm-preview branch. Both branches
> need more cleanups - this is just a preview.

cheers,
Anil