Re: [MirageOS-devel] xenserver on arm

On 11 Jul 2014, at 18:17, buzz heavyyear <buzzheavyyear@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm at the point with what I'm doing where having some form of remote management would be very useful. Certainly, for the time being, remotely deploying mirage instances on a running cubieboard would make life a lot easier for me.

Xenserver & xapi seem to offer all of the bells and whistles that hit the nail on the head.

I tried to build xenserver using the link that Dave posted some time back (https://github.com/xenserver/buildroot/pull/427) but hit things I didn't really understand.

So, I'd like to press on and hopefully contribute something back, but I'm wondering if I'm jumping the gun with all of this and perhaps should wait a while. On the other hand, if someone thinks the time is right and would give me a few  points on how to procede then I'd be very grateful.

XenServer's probably a little heavyweight for the little ARM.  It would be worth trying to manage it remotely via libvirt instead, which has increasingly improved Xen bindings for xl.  If you gave that a try and report any issues back (libvirt.org), that would be most interesting (it's on my list but I haven't had a chance yet).