[MirageOS-devel] Pre-built Xen images for Cubieboard/CubieTruck

I've uploaded some pre-built images here:

http://blobs.openmirage.org/cubieboard2-xen-iso.tar.bz2 (Cubieboard 2)
http://blobs.openmirage.org/cubietruck-xen-iso.tar.bz2 (CubieTruck)

(built from current https://github.com/mirage/xen-arm-builder)

I'd be interested to hear from anyone with these devices whether they
work for you. To test:

1. Download and unpack the image for your board.

2. Copy to the SDcard, e.g.
    dd if=cubie.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

3. Boot the device. It should get an IP address by DHCP.

The devices announce a .local name using mDNS, so you should be able
to ssh to $BOARD.local, e.g.

  ssh mirage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(password: mirage)

You should now have a working Xen host ("xl list" to list current VMs,
"lvcreate" to create guest disks).

To install the ARM version of mirage:

$ opam init
$ wget
https://github.com/mirage/mirage-xen-minios/releases/download/v0.2/mirage-xen-minios-v0.2.tar.bz2
$ tar xjf mirage-xen-minios-v0.2.tar.bz2
$ cd mirage-xen-minios
$ make
$ opam pin mirage https://github.com/talex5/mirage.git#link_c_stubs
$ opam pin mirage-xen https://github.com/mirage/mirage-platform
$ opam pin tcpip https://github.com/talex5/mirage-tcpip.git#checksum
$ opam install mirage

You should now be able to follow the rest of the Mirage tutorial:

  http://openmirage.org/wiki/hello-world

Notes:

1. On my network, the mDNS name is only available briefly. I think my
router may be blocking queries. If so, you might want to assign a
fixed IP address soon after connecting.

2. If you try to build a unikernel with an HTTP server, it may
complain that it can't link -lssl (and other libraries). For now, you
can edit the Makefile to remove the extra libraries.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA