Re: [MirageOS-devel] libvirt with mirageos and tls

On 30 Jul 2014, at 10:37, Jon Ludlam <jjl25@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30/07/14 09:32, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>> This is a great writeup, thank you!  It's very useful to see all the libvirt
>> steps in one place.   It's a pity that Ubuntu Launchpad doesn't build PPAs
>> on ARM yet (as far as I know), or else we could get a binary repository
>> published to make these steps easier.
>
> There are lots of things we do that could benefit from nice binary
> repository hosting. Does anyone have a secret stash of credits for
> Amazon's S3? There's a tutorial of how to host repositories on it here:
> http://xn.pinkhamster.net/blog/tech/host-a-debian-repository-on-s3.html.
> RPM hosting should be similarly easy.

Rackspace has very generously given us developer accounts for VM hosting,
so blobs.openmirage.org has a healthy amount of storage (and is currently
hosting the ARM SDcard images).

So we have somewhere to host the RPMs, but the most convenient aspect of
Launchpad is that it automates the build process as well.  Have you ever
decrypted the mysterious workings of the OpenSUSE build service?  It appears
to support ARM, but the Web UI is...scary.