Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirage-clock-unix dependency problem

On 5 Oct 2014, at 23:31, Aaron Quamme <aaron.quamme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It appears that running 'mirage configure --unix' and then 'make depend'
> repeatedly make the problem worse - opam attempts to install more and more
> packages that are already present on my system.
>
> I can certainly file a github issue on this, although I'm afraid it'll be an
> information dump, as I'm not sure what exactly is relevant and what isn't.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's going on here.  The bug may well already be
fixed: if you don't mind trying the HEAD branch of
https://github.com/ocaml/opam (which will shortly become OPAM 1.2), it has much
more robust error recovery in general.

It would probably be best to remove ~/.opam and initialise it from scratch with
OPAM 1.2, since I suspect that the internal state of your existing installation
is pretty mixed up.