Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirage-clock-unix dependency problem

On 10/05/2014 05:45 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
On 5 Oct 2014, at 23:31, Aaron Quamme <aaron.quamme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It appears that running 'mirage configure --unix' and then 'make depend'
repeatedly make the problem worse - opam attempts to install more and more
packages that are already present on my system.

I can certainly file a github issue on this, although I'm afraid it'll be an
information dump, as I'm not sure what exactly is relevant and what isn't.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what's going on here.  The bug may well already be
fixed: if you don't mind trying the HEAD branch of
https://github.com/ocaml/opam (which will shortly become OPAM 1.2), it has much
more robust error recovery in general.

It would probably be best to remove ~/.opam and initialise it from scratch with
OPAM 1.2, since I suspect that the internal state of your existing installation
is pretty mixed up.

-anil

Thanks Anil, OPAM 1.2 works beautifully. Mirage says hello to you and the rest of the world =)

Aaron