[MirageOS-devel] Cleaning up the Mini-OS namespace; coordinating development

(Cross-posting to rumpkernel-users at Antti's request)

Hi,

I've been working on cleaning up the Mini-OS namespace so that we can build
arbitrary unmodified software with rumprun-xen without running into
namespace conflicts.

Given that MirageOS also uses Mini-OS for a similar purpose ("firmware
layer" of a standalone Xen stack for building applications), you may be
interested in picking these changes, and we could coordinate further
development of Mini-OS as far as is practical.

Currently this work is more or less complete and available for review in
the "wip-xenos" branch of my Github repository:

https://github.com/mato/rumprun-xen/tree/wip-xenos

The original discussion on the rumpkernel-users list can be found here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.rumpkernel.user/514

Martin