Re: [MirageOS-devel] TLS packaging status update

Le mercredi, 3 dÃcembre 2014 Ã 10:35, Thomas Leonard a Ãcrit :
> It's a bit messy, but if it's going to be replaced with assemblage
> soon then it should be OK.

In general I would stop thinking of assemblage with soon. I myself won't have
time to work on it during at least the next six months, Thomas G. said on the
platform list he has no time for it the near future and none seems to be
interested in working on it at the moment.

Making a good system in that area is something that will take time and there
are still, many, many design decisions that need to be done at the API and
conceptual level (a tour on assemblage's bt may give a feeling). There have
been already so many attempts in OCaml at fixing the build problem that I don't
think it's sane to try to hurry or propose a half baked/half finished solution,
especially since by being an infrastructure tool this can quickly become a
maintenance nightmare if we rush to publication with a badly designed system.

So please everyone stop thinking/fantasying about assemblage as an upcoming
silver bullet and viable tool for now. Treat it as vapourware at best.

These are my thoughts and Thomas G. may think otherwise.

(It's so annoying to be associated to the development of pre-announced software)

Best,

Daniel