Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage and External Data Storage

I'd be more than happy to share what I discover, but I'm not what you mean by a benchmark.

I'm most looking to see how the mirage machine will work third party libraries, what configuration do you need and what kind of patterns work in and around those constructs.

I have started with the mir-ping example ( wanted a fixed IP that I could change easily ) and have started working from there. My first trial is aimed at Redis since it's simple to setup, simple to run and easy to clean up after. All of the work is done over the tun/tap network interface running on an OS/X machine.

I have been able to connect to the Redis server running on my local machine, and if I get the opportunity today I'll be saving / retrieving values. Â

I'm open to feedback or areas of exploration that others might be interested in or guidance as to better approaches. Â

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11 Dec 2014, at 01:53, Brian Brietzke <bbrietzke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> There are implementations of the protocols for mysql and postgresql that
> popular. I've done some digging and have found pure ocaml implementations
> for both redis and mongo. I'll have to do some experimenting and see
> what the results are like.

It would actually be really useful to have a simple benchmark against
Redis and Mongo to put into mirage-skeleton. We could run it over
both TCP and Vchan as a much more realistic workload than the usual
iperf efforts.