Re: [MirageOS-devel] [opam-devel] regular bulk builds: now with HTML output!

On 8 January 2015 at 18:52, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings! I've been cleaning up the bulk build infrastructure for OPAM and
> will have a blog post about it in a few days, but in the meanwhile I thought
> you might like to see the output:
>
> http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/opam-bulk/ (temporary URL)

Very nice indeed!  It's quite a leap in usability from the raw logs.

A few thoughts:

* displaying the "Sort by OS" / "Sort by Version" as tabs rather than
columns if possible would avoid showing everything twice.

* occasionally there's a failure due to what look like infrastructure
errors, e.g.

http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/opam-bulk/logs/local-ubuntu-14.04-ocaml-4.01.0/raw/blahcaml.html

http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/opam-bulk/logs/local-ubuntu-14.04-ocaml-4.01.0/raw/cmdliner.html
  it'd be good to distinguish these from actual build failures if possible.

* it might be useful to display the revision (perhaps the repository
commit id) somewhere --  perhaps in the URL, If there's a possibility
of keeping multiple log sets around.