Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage OS on Cubieboard - beginner question

Thank you! I'll go with CB3 then.

Miroslav

On 2015-02-05 22:11, Thomas Leonard wrote:
On 5 February 2015 at 15:19, Miroslav Dobsicek <m.dobsicek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I got interested in Mirage OS as it provides me with a good excuse to start
playing with Ocaml and single board computers.

To get started,
  - I am better of buying Cubieboard 3 or rather the newer Cubieboard 4 with
the hope that Xen will support Allwinner A80 soon?
I'd go with the Cubieboard 3. Otherwise, you'll have to figure out how
to make it boot yourself. With the CB 3, you can use our pre-built
image:

   https://github.com/mirage/xen-arm-builder

  - What is the recommended debugging environment, I guess a serial console
is must. Something more to consider?
For the CB3, it should just boot and be accessible over the network
(it uses DHCP to get an address), so you might get away without the
serial cable. If you get the CB4, I'm sure you'll need it though!

Note: I have no particular preference for Cubieboards as such, they are just
boards I noticed some Mirage developers are using.
I think that's the easiest one to get started with.

Has anyone tried the Raspberry Pi 2 yet? It's ARMv7, so it should work with Xen.