Re: [MirageOS-devel] performance regression tests

This is great to see -- thanks for working on this Masoud!

In particular, having even a simple iperf test would let us test
several interesting combinations straight away:

- vary OCaml version (4.01 vs 4.02 is now supported), and there
  is an experimental inlining branch in 4.03dev that could directly
  be tested using this infrastructure.

- evaluate the impact of some features incoming such as the open
  RFC for checksum offload.

In terms of immediate feedback, I'd request a version that just does
iperf so that it has no dependencies on the host dom0 kernel.
See: https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton/pull/75

For this repository, what is the supported dom0 kernel that is expected?
The script tried to insmod a kmod that I didn't have.

Once there's even a minimal test, I'd like to recreate it on an
infrastructure machine in Cambridge and have it run daily via cron
alongside the is-mirage-broken scripts.

cheers,
Anil