Re: [MirageOS-devel] [ANN] release of dog 0.1.0

[ resending as sent from incorrect mail address originally ]

On 16 February 2015 at 21:55, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd like to announce the first (very alpha) release of a new synchronisation
> tool: "dog"
>
> To install it: `opam install dog`
>
> The tool is built using Irmin and it demonstrate a simple distributed log
> server. Every client has a local (and partial) state of the system (a valid
> Git repository, whose active branch is the name of the client), and they
> synchronise explicitly with a server using the Irmin synchronisation
> protocol. The server listens for new clients and rebase every client branches
> into a sub-directory of the master branch. The server state is also stored in
> a Git repository, and it contains all the client history as well. So if you
> have:

cool!

just given it a quick go and i suspect i'm missing something obvious... :)

in ~/t/dog:

```
: mort@greyjay:dog$; dog listen
Server started on port 8080.
```

in ~/t/dogc:

```
: mort@greyjay:dogc$; dog push -m "bark bark" http://localhost:8080
Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ECONNREFUSED, "connect", "")
```

how should i be trying to get a message logged?

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx