Re: [MirageOS-devel] 3 newbie question about mirage xen image on cubietruck

On 26 Feb 2015, at 15:17, Guido Haase <guweha@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> first of all I don't know it I'm right here in this list. If not, please
> excuse me for asking here.

This list is just fine.

> I'm running xen 4.4. openmirage image on Cubietruck downloaded from
>
>   http://blobs.openmirage.org/cubietruck.tar .
>
> All things are working fine and I'd like to say a big thank you to the
> whole developer team!
>
> This was my first step into the ARM environment. I'm switching over from
> INTEL/AMD based x64 systems running debian with OpenVZ kernel.
>
> For saving time on my first steps I downloaded and wrote the precompiled
> cubietruck mirage image (see above) to SDcard only.
>
> Having done so and got my first DomUs up and running for a while I'd
> like to get my Cubietruck with mirage xen image a little bit more
> comfortable. But, I don't know where I can get the required informations
> (i.e. which forums, mailinglists, blogs, etc.). Well, common questions
> are answered but may be my ones are to special.
> So any hint from you would be greatly appreciated!

As a background to that image, we were one of the first groups to start
using Xen/ARM, and so had to build that ARM/Linux image to have a convenient
way to share effort with setting up development environments.  So although
it's not directly related to Mirage, we're happy to continue improving and
extending it on these lists.

> In detail I'm looking for information about:
>
> - making the mirage image not headless, i.e. add VGA and USB keyboard
>  support to it so I can login if ssh access over ethernet isn't
>  possible (a little bit like using a remote insight board at boot
>  stage or later).

This one's purely a Linux configuration issue.  You'll need to figure out
the right kernel modules to drive the GPU and add those to the xen-arm-builder
configuration process.  I would very much like to see this, but I think that
Magnus had a look a few months ago and ran into issues with GPU binary
blobs.  The situation may have improved since then, so any

> - switch on some of the LEDs on Cubieboard related to dedicated actions

Again, this one should be the standard Linux Cubie way of doing
that.  Magnus -- how did you get the LEDs to turn off on kernel
boot? (is it CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER or some userspace action?)

> - using OpenXenManager to connect to mirage xen 4.4 on cubietruck.
>  As I read OpenXenManger expects an open TCP port 80 or 443, but
>  netstat -tulpn shows me xen server (dom0) isn't listening on one
>  of this ports. The only ports the system is listening on are ssh
>  (TCP) an few ports where avahi daemon.

The latest Cubieboard images include the XenServer management
stack, so perhaps Dave can describe how to use the various XAPI
management tools to attach to the board.

cheers,
Anil