Re: [MirageOS-devel] IndexedDB Irmin backend

On 24 Mar 2015, at 16:23, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've replaced my HTML Storage Irmin backend with an IndexedDB one:
>
>  https://github.com/talex5/cuekeeper/blob/master/js/irmin_IDB.ml
>
> Unlike HTML Storage, IndexedDB isn't limited to 5 MB. It also supports
> transactions, so updates should no longer be racey.
>
> However, IndexedDB doesn't support notifications. My backend therefore
> also writes the current branch head hash to a single HTML Storage key
> so notifications work (browser tabs remain synchronised).

That's a good idea -- I guess it's safe to assume that any browser
modern enough to support IndexedDB will also have LocalStorage.

Is there a prebuilt version anywhere (or a simpler testcase) to point
various browsers at to check if the requisite support is present? I'm
thinking in particular of Android and iPhone browsers which may be
buggy, at least according to http://caniuse.com/#feat=indexeddb