Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirage-www on xen and networking (on ARM)

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 31 Mar 2015, at 07:37, Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After a clean rebuild on my cubieboard, I'm getting the assertion failures too, which is good. I notice the assert that's failing was added relatively recently[1] in tcpip v2.2.3 so it's possible that it's simply highlighting an old bug in mirage-net-xen. The hunt continues...

Ah, that's "good" news indeed. I'll try, but won't make any promises, to look a bit at it too. More as a learning exercise then with an aim to actually find and fix the issue :)

Excellent bug report Magnus! We didn't catch this due to the lack of regular automated testing on ARM. We would catch this on x86 due to deploying our sites regularly, but we don't currently run ARM in production. I'll rectify this when back in Cambridge with a version of www.openmirage.orgÂthat runs on a Cubieboard2.

In the meanwhile, would you be able to test if my point release of tcpip.2.3.1 fixes your issue? Do

Once someone with a Cubie2 confirms that the regression has gone, I'll push this to OPAM.

The mirage-skeleton/static_website works fine for me with that change.

Cheers,
Dave

Hannes: no need to revert anything on the mirage master branch. Let's keep marching forward on the SSL work...

cheers,
Anil

--
Dave Scott