Re: [MirageOS-devel] IoT devices

On 20 Apr 2015, at 09:58, Richard Mortier <richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Quick query -- has anyone got any practical experience of using Mirage
> to interact with IoT devices of any sort, and over radio networks
> other than WiFi?
>
> Wondering what hardware you used to do so... :)

This is extremely ancient, but I have used OCaml to interact with Bluetooth
devices by writing a TCP<->RFCOMM proxy in the past:
http://anil.recoil.org/projects/blueproxy.html

A similar approach would be very effective in Mirage, since a proxy VM could
convert from <insert random wireless protocol here> to TCP or Vchan, suitable
for a unikernel to process the connection.