Re: [MirageOS-devel] Jitsu release plan for NSDI

  • To: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Magnus Skjegstad <magnus@xxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:21:59 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:22:06 +0000

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, at 11:07, Amir Chaudhry wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I don't recall many threads about Jitsu recently and NSDI is coming up in
> just less than two weeks.  It would be good to know where things stand
> and to ensure a good release by then.
>
> Things I think we need to cover:
> - Blog post for openmirage.org (Magnus to write this?)

Yes, I'm working on a blog post about jitsu and synjitsu that I plan to
circulate internally before the weekend.

> - News release (I have a first draft)
> - State of the codebase (refresh/testing/releases/etc)

The version of Jitsu we used for evaluation has been released and is in
mirage-dev, but we have not yet used it to host unikernels on a public
server so we will probably discover some new issues when we do that.
Anil and Dave are preparing a Xen server where we will test this.

Currently Synjitsu requires an older patched TCP/IP stack and the ARP
tables are a bit difficult to set up. It would be nice if we could merge
the patch into the main stack before NSDI and add a way to configure the
ARP tables dynamically, as it would be much easier to install.