Re: [MirageOS-devel] Timer library

In Lwt, you can use the core library to do timers by calling OS.sleep and
building up the required abstractions.

I notice that there is a Unix-only Lwt_timeout library in the distribution:
http://ocsigen.org/lwt/2.4.7/api/Lwt_timeout

The only use of Lwt_unix in this library is for Lwt_unix.sleep:
https://github.com/ocsigen/lwt/blob/master/src/unix/lwt_timeout.ml

So we could generalise this by modifying the Lwt_timeout.sleep () function to
take a (?sleep) function that is passed in the relevant function.  In the case
of Mirage, this would be OS.Time.sleep, and in Unix the existing Lwt_unix.sleep.

What other requirements do you have?  Do you want these timers to be persistent
in the case of restarts?

-anil