Re: [MirageOS-devel] Blog post on Irmin/CueKeeper

On 28 Apr 2015, at 12:04, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Although not finished, I thought CueKeeper was mature enough for a 0.1
> alpha release and blog post:
>

> http://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2015/04/28/cuekeeper-gitting-things-done-in-the-browser/
>
> There's not much technical detail here because after adding some
> instructions on how to use it, the blog was getting rather long, but
> there is a section at the end demoing various nice benefits from using
> Irmin (sync, revert, history, etc).
>
> As I needed some example actions, I populated the demo with actions
> about learning Mirage. I needed some contacts too, and I added a
> somewhat random subset of recent Mirage contributors for that (sorry
> if I missed you, but I didn't have time to add everyone!). That might
> help new users figure out who's who.

As always, a lovely blog post!  My very initial reaction is that the
demo service is a little buried in the blog post -- it might be worth
adding a TL;DR to the top to point people straight at it.

Also, it might be too much detail, but I found your advice about using
the developer console to inspect the state of IndexedDB and LocalStorage
to be very useful.  It's a great way to see exactly what Irmin is doing,
and I wasn't aware of it being buried away in the developer utilities.