Re: [MirageOS-devel] Fwd: cuekeeper

On Wednesday 29 April 2015 11:45:06 you wrote:
> [ forwarding to mirage list ]
>
> On Wednesday 29 April 2015 10:34:24 you wrote:

> > I haven't tried it, but expect it should build if you can get a recent
> > opam version installed, which is usually quite easy. What error did
> > you get?

NixOS has a rather different way of doing development. Each application and
library has its own folder in /nix/store. That allows one to switch between
different version of applications quickly and lets normal users install any
software that does not need runtime root privileges. But builing can be tricky
althought the resulting recipy usually looks quite elegant. I'll investigate
how to build and will report back.

> > I'm already using it for my own todo list, so I'll keep it working and
> > make sure there's an upgrade path to any new format. The disk format
> >
> > is described here (the "type" declarations at the start):
> >   https://github.com/talex5/cuekeeper/blob/master/lib/ck_disk_node.ml
> >
> > The Git backend doesn't currently run in the browser, but it should be
> > possible (I sometimes make the unit tests use a real Git repository
> > when debugging, so I can look at the results with gitk).
> >
> > Not sure how much more development there is to do, but I'm planning to
> > get remote sync working at least.

That sound great. I'm looking forward to it.

> > > small addition: i tested in chromium because firefox 37 gives me this
> > > warning.>
> > >
> > >"This operation is insecure"
> >
> > Haven't seen that before, but a Google search suggests you might have
> > cookies disabled (which in turn disables local storage, which
> > CueKeeper uses to notify other tabs of changes).

Allowing cookies on http://roscidus.com/blog/cuekeeper/ indeed solves the
problem.

Cheers,
Jos