Re: [MirageOS-devel] [opam-devel] Cross-compiling OCaml, Mirage OS for rumprun, OPAM integration

On Tuesday, 19.05.2015 at 16:48, Daniel Bünzli wrote:
> Le mardi, 19 mai 2015 à 16:44, Martin Lucina a écrit :
> > What I don't understand is why
> > upstream OCaml 4.02.01 claims to support cross-compilation but doesn't; was
> > this original effort abandoned by upstream? If so, why?
>
> Where do you see that ? This is news to me. Some work is being done right now
> [1] but I don't think anybody ever claimed there was support for
> cross-compilation in 4.02.

In the 4.02.1 INSTALL file[1], which documents a "-target" option and says
it will produce a cross-compiler.  The switch is even accepted by
configure, but the guts don't actually work.

Perhaps some commit snuck in to 4.02.1 which shouldn't have?

Martin

[1] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/blob/4.02.1/INSTALL#L68