Re: [MirageOS-devel] Question about Mirage-www

Hi,

I'm keeping the list in /cc as maybe other can hit the same problem and might be interested in the (possible) solution.

I've tried "ocamlfind query bytes" and find the bytes module. And I've tried to add the library manually. It worked too.

Could I modify any config file to make the installation through?
Or I have to wait for the new version?

What is your version of ocamlfind? (`opam info ocamlfind`) I think old versions do not add the magic runes to do this automatically.  Can you try to upgrade?

Best,
Thomas

I really appreciate your time and patience. Thanks!

Best,
Sa Wang

# File "lib/hex.ml", line 75, characters 12-26:
# Error: Unbound module Bytes

Actually, I have installed the Bytes module. Here is "opam list":

You seem to not have the "bytes" ocamlfind library installed. You should have:

$ ocamlfind query bytes
/Users/thomas/.opam/mirage/lib/bytes

If not, try to reinstall ocamlfind.
if yes, can you try to go in the build directory of the package and try to add the library manually?

eval `opam config env`
cd /root/.opam/4.01.0/build/hex.0.2.0/_build
ocamlfind ocamlc -c -g -annot -bin-annot -package cstruct,bytes -I lib -o lib/hex.cmo lib/hex.m

If it works, I can release a new version of `ocaml-hex` with an explicit dependency to bytes.

Best,
Thomas

# Installed packages for 4.01.0:
asn1-combinators        0.1.2  Combinators for expressing ASN.1 grammars in OCaml
base-bigarray            base  Bigarray library distributed with the OCaml compiler
base-bytes             legacy  Bytes compatibility library distributed with ocamlfind
base-no-ppx              base  A pseudo-library to indicate lack of extension points support

I think base-bytes is supposed to be the Bytes module.  I googled this problem and nothing helped. Could anyone help me out of this? I'm truly grateful for your time!

Sa Wang