Re: [MirageOS-devel] MirageOS on rumprun now with networking and HTTP

On 12 June 2015 at 12:49, Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the MirageOS cross-port to rumprun has
> progressed to the point where it can now serve HTTP.
>
> Detailed instructions for building "MiRump" unikernels can be found in the
> README in my opam-rumprun repository:
>
> https://github.com/mato/opam-rumprun
>
> Obligatory screenshot from running on KVM:
>
> http://ibin.co/24yZp6GhHCFU
>
> I've also added support to the mirage-seal tool for the rumprun target:
>
> https://github.com/mato/opam-rumprun#example-mirage-seal
>
> Next steps are getting the Ocaml-TLS stack working (builds, but not
> functional yet) and adding support for the OCaml TCP stack (requires
> integration with rumprun).
>
> Please try it out and let me know how you get on.

Very cool! I got the OCaml hello world example working, building in an
Ubuntu 15.04 docker container and running on the host under kvm.

Note: I had to "apt-get install gcc-4.8-multilib", otherwise the
initial "opam sw" failed.

I was able to run it with:

$ qemu-system-i386 -kernel ./hello.bin -append '{"cmdline": "../../hello.bin"}'

(the "rumprun" script worked too, but running it this way made things
clearer to me)

I also tested mirage-skeleton/console, which worked but ran rather
fast (it's supposed to wait 1s between each print). Calling
gettimeofday showed the clock running fast for some reason.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA